Thursday, July 30, 2020

Dress Wise!


Dress- Wise
Oh, what a day, I pondered as I meandered the long corridor to the parking lot! I did not realize that my excitement was just beginning when I heard the fascinating ring tone of my captivating wife. She lovingly enquired about my day and touchingly added a chore without delay. "Hey, don't forget to buy a nice dress for Gomini. It is her birthday, and we are going to surprise her." Sensing possible excuse of a long day, she hit me with a sentiment, "she truly believes you are her brother." It was the moment when truth felt feeble in the face of the emotional upheaval! She concluded her charming conversation that she would text me the size and reminded me of my dexterity in dress selection. The gentle reminder of my finesse in figuring out the fabulous fabric facilitated me to forget my fatigue and browse at Belk.
The dresses were abundant, designs redundant, I was reluctant for a consultant, and yet, I was triumphant. The lady at the dress section after her inspection, commended my selection. After reaffirmation, I whistled my way to home. My attempt to show off as the doyen of dress selection was dotingly declined for lack of time. Savoring her unwavering confidence, I quickly freshened, and we drove off to Gomini's house.
As we alighted, Gomini was delighted. We hugged her and wished her a great birthday. After the exchange of pleasantries, we jovially asked what Madhav (Gomini's husband) bought for her. She very proudly displayed the gold necklace he bought with gleaming eyes. Marveling at Madhav's spousal love, Radha gently nudged me to show her the gift we purchased. Taking stalk of the situation, without much hesitation, shortening the anticipation, I began the demonstration of the culmination of my imagination.
"OMG! It's lovely! So pretty! OMG," Gomini exclaimed in sheer exhilaration. As she began to reassess the dress, tears began to express, and distress became difficult to suppress. She became emotional! We both moved close to her, and I blurted, "it's a small gift, and we are happy it complements Madhav's beautiful necklace." Gomini looked at me, and I saw a tinge of melancholy in her eyes. Her sadness vanquished my gladness. She said, "bhayya (oh brother), do I look so fat to you! I never imagined you had that impression!" It was my time to cringe and singe. How did my assignment turn into my arraignment! Radha immediately grabbed the dress, and the size startled her! She was bewildered to find it big-way big! She stared at me and the expression needed no sub captions to declare how I repeatedly screw up simple tasks!
To pacify Gomini, I said that I righteously followed her bhabi's (sister-in-law) directions. I affirmed that I never question Radha's orders but only obey them. Do or die, and never ask why! Hence, it was not my imagination of her body image but strictly sticking to the specifications. My pride as a dress connoisseur expeditiously evaporated. Radha and I took our phones out to show the text. Then Radha started laughing. Radha apparently typed 8 petite. Her iPhone had its own mind, corrected it to 8 prettier. I was positively convinced to buy a pretty dress at size 8 rather than 8p.
Gomini quickly comprehended the confusion and burst out laughing, hugging both of us. After discerning the smartness of the smartphones, embracing what we read and what it means can make a mighty difference, and how autocorrection may lead to dejection and misperception, with that introspection, I realized the conception of the gift cards.

You may not be dress-wise, but never be size-unwise to avoid surprises that may arise and that's my advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment