Sunday, December 27, 2009

Alaska- Part 3

PART3
That was not the end. It was just the beginning of the "woes of my wallet".
My fellow wallet wrencher noticed Benjamin Franklin on the currency and shouted-"Oh, you are from US, Happy July 4th". Everyone else joined in a chorus. I gently bowed to appreciate my audience, who later turned out to be my plight pullulaters. They all appreciated us coming to Vancouver as that also helps the local economy, which in turn helps them to get ready for winter Olympics.
In the mean time, coach attendants brought the souvenirs catalogue and I was forced to make some more purchases. Some vehemently suggested we take Peak to Peak tour as that gives a panoramic view of the mountains. They were right, it was a magnificent view. We took a cable car at a height of about 5000 feet and went from a peak to a peak to have a peek at the peak from the peak. It was nature's beauty at its best. We never felt like leaving that place. It was worth the expense, but at what expense!
The cables were suspended in midair without any supports for over a mile and that too at a phenomenal height. An ultimate trepidation for acrophobics! I am posting the link. http://picasaweb.google.com/mealur/Alaska1?feat=directlink

http://premidoc.blogspot.com/ for some videos

No comments:

Post a Comment