Saturday, December 26, 2009

ALASKA-A trip of a life time

It was an amazing trip of a life time for us!
We have been preparing for this cruise for about 5 months. The excitement was building up every day. As the departing date approached, we were very much tensed up and yet very optimistic to experience the sea sickness first-hand!
We bought binoculars and I got a new Panasonic DMC ZS3 camera(has 12 megapixels, 12x optical zoom, 25mm wide angle, HD video recording, stereo sound recording and zooming ability in video as well and it fits in a pocket!!), a gizmo, one should never leave without for a vacation. I also carried my 1080p Canon camcorder.

None of us could experience any sleep as we were experiencing the experience, we were going to experience already!

We drove to Harrisburg and parked and took all our 6 suitcases for a 10 day trip. the lady at the counter looked at us in bewilderment-"do you know how you are going!" expression on the face. I previously checked the luggage allowance and it was an international flight to Vancouver via Toronto and we were allowed two bags/person.
Her head swung side to side as if these people will never learn attitude! I didn't care as I was determined to enjoy every bit of my voyage. We whisked through the security and reached our gate for boarding. I saw the counter clerk arguing with two bearded guys and pointing to their beards. As I glanced through the glass, I noticed our aircraft!
It was the smallest aircraft we have ever flown international or even domestic. It looked like one of those old dilapidated herald cars, which needed to be pushed to start. You would wonder if that aircraft was held in one piece by Duck-Tape! No doubt, the lady at the baggage checking was wondering, how this aircraft would carry our entire luggage and people too.
It appeared the lady at the check-in gate was asking those bearded guys to shave to reduce the weight on the aircraft!

to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post! I can't believe you packed 6 suitcases! Too funny! But did you pack any extra Duct Tape in case the pilot needed it?

    ReplyDelete